The Assembly entitled One Europe, One Digital Single Market will take place at the National Library of Latvia. It is organised by the European Commission in cooperation with the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The opening speech will be delivered by the Latvian Prime Minister Laimdota Straujuma. European Commission's Vice-President responsible for the Digital Single Market, Anrus Ansip have a "hard talk".
The Assembly will feature the key topics of the Digital Single Market strategy adopted last May, among which:
- Digital skills,
- Trust and confidence,
- Creative content,
- Ensuring access and connectivity,
- Building the digital economy for businesses and consumers,
- Promoting e-society,
- Digitising European industries and enterprises.
The assembly will feature inspirational speeches by more than 50 successful entrepreneurs and public authorities. There will be networking opportunities and 7 workshops will discuss the details of the Digital Single Market strategy.
Conference keynote speakers include:
- Günther Oettinger, Commissioner responsible for Digital Economy and Society
- Markku Markukula, President of the European Committee of Regions (CoR) and Vice-Chairman of the Open Innovation Strategy and Policy Group (OISPG)
- HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
- Stina Ehrensvärd, CEO & Founder Yubico
- Andris Berzins, Co-founder of TechHub Riga
- Anne-Marie Imafidon, Head of Stemettes
- Stefan Blom - Chief Strategy Officer Spotify
- Erik Ljungberg - Senior Vice President, Corporate Relations, Scania
While the Digital Assembly 2015 is an invitation-only event, the live web-streaming will be available online.
Follow #DA15EU for more news.