8:15 - 9:00 - Registration and welcome coffee
Morning session: Public services available everywhere to everyone
Future public services
9:15 - Opening: Jennifer Baker, Brussels Correspondent for IDG News Service and Workshop Moderator
9:20 - Feedback from online discussions, Paul Foley
9:25 - The future of digital public services and citizen engagement
- Jeremy Millard, Chief Policy Advisor at the Danish Technology Institute - "Vision of future public services"
- Graham Colclough, Vice-President Global Sectors, CapGemini - "Ideal and citizen-centred e-government"
9:35 - Round-table discussions in small groups
10:05 - Reporting from discussions
10:45 - 11:00: Coffee break
Web accessibility - challenges and opportunities for implementation
11:00 - Feedback from online discussions, Paul Foley
11:05 - Web-accessibility in practice
- Erika Forssell and Stina Johansson, Web accessibility specialists at ETU Sweden - "Practical demonstration"
- Roberto Torena Cristobal, Manager of the Accessible Technologies and Innovation Business Unit of Technosite - "Web accessibility application"
- Leon van de Ven, Senior Policy Officer at the Dutch Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations - "How to make accessibility guidelines accessible?"
11:25 - Round-table discussions in small groups
12:05 - Reporting from discussions
12:25 - Concluding remarks: Jennifer Baker and Gergana Passy, Digital Champion from Bulgaria and Plenary Advocate for the workshop
12:30 - 14:00: Lunch break
Afternoon session: Smart cities - empowering businesses and people
14:00 - Video projection
14:05 - Feedback from online discussions, Paul Foley
- Prof. Siobhan Clarke, Director Trinity Smart and Sustainable Cities Research Centre, Trinity College Dublin - "Introduction to Smart Cities"
- Padraig Kenny, ICT Consultant at Arup -"How cities embrace innovation"
- Peter Finnegan, Director of Economy and International Relations with Dublin City Council
- Veronica Haunold, CEO of TINA Vienna - "Intelligent open city"
- Carlo van de Weijer, Vice President Intelligent Transport Systems, TomTom - "Smart and sustainable mobility: traffic management"
- Tommaso Roselli, Safety, Environment, Quality and Energy Efficiency department of Enel Distribuzione - "Renewable energy integration and smart metering"
14:40 - Round-table discussions in small groups
15:25 - 15:40 - Coffee break
15:40 - Reporting from the discussions
16:00 - European Commission feedback on all the discussions, Paul Timmers, Director of the Sustainable & Secure Society Directorate in DG CONNECT, European Commission
16:40 - Concluding remarks, Jennifer Baker and Gergana Passy
17:00 - Workshop closed
17:00 - 19:00 - Cocktail reception, Dublin Castle