Claire Bury welcomed the signature:
I am delighted at the Member States’ overwhelming welcoming of the Declaration on Women in Digital and its commitments. The underrepresentation of women in the digital economy is not just an economic loss, but also a societal issue. We must approach it as a negative phenomenon whose tackling is a common goal that spans disciplines and sectors. This Declaration is a step in the right direction.
- Create a national strategy to encourage women’s participation in digital
- Encourage broadcasters to promote a positive public image of women in digital
- Establish a European Girls and Women in ICT day
- Stimulate companies to combat gender discrimination at work
- Advance a gender-balanced composition of boards, committees and bodies dealing with digital matters
- Improve monitoring mechanisms and data collection in order to set improved targets.
For more information