Over 100 delegates are expected to attend the event: policy-makers; official and senior representatives from Governments; representatives from international development cooperation agencies; ICT project managers; lecturers and researchers from universities and the higher education sector; industry stakeholders.
The Conference will feature the following sessions:
- A high-level policy session bringing together policy-makers from Asia, Africa, Arabia and Latin America who will testimony on the benefits of e-Infrastructures for research and education and who will share their vision on long-term global collaboration.
- Two end-user oriented sessions with focus on the impacting CHAIN-REDS-supported solutions in five regions of the world as well as on the project's vision on further technological cooperation needed by global virtual research communities.
On this occasion, the main outcomes of the CHAIN-REDS project will be presented:
- The development of a Distributed Computing Infrastructure interoperation model between Europe and other regions
- The promotion of international standards and technical guidelines for interoperability of cloud services across continents
- One of the largest existing e-Infrastructure-related digital information systems, the CHAIN-REDS Knowledge Base
- A complete methodology for better sharing and using scientific data
- The CHAIN-REDS Science Gateway: a single portal for accessing remote computing and data services anywhere in the world.
Registration is now open.