Mandate of the Expert Group
The Expert Group’s tasks shall be to:
- identify good practices on B2G data sharing in order to contribute to more efficient and better public service delivery and/or more reliable and evidence-based policymaking;
- assess the legal, economic and technical obstacles preventing B2G data sharing, and advise on actions to promote B2G data sharing for public interest purposes;
- give recommendations to the Commission on how to further develop its B2G data sharing policy.
In particular, the Expert Group shall:
- evaluate the principles, collaboration modes and technical means outlined in the Guidance on private sector data sharing and endorse a framework for B2G data- sharing;
- define and encourage B2G collaborations to test the guidance and facilitate the exchange of good practices amongst members and with the Commission;
- advise the Commission on new areas for potential support for B2G data sharing through the EU’s Research and Innovation Framework Programme or other programmes, and on future policy actions and next steps to enhance B2G data sharing.
The conclusions and recommendations will be published in a report that can be used as input for possible future Commission initiatives on B2G data sharing.
Members of the Expert Group
- Mr Alberto Alemanno, Jean Monnet Professor of EU Law at Haute Ecole de Commerce (HEC) Paris and Global Professor at New York University School of Law in Paris
- Ms Linda Austere, Chief Policy Officer at the Finance Latvia Association
- Mr Richard Benjamins, Data and AI Ambassador at Telefonica
- Mr Laurent Cytermann, Maître de Requêtes (judge) at the Conseil d’Etat in France
- Mr Michel Isnard, Inspecteur Général at the French Statistical Office
- Ms Dörthe Koerner, Legal Adviser at the Brønnøysund Register Centre
- Ms Petra Konecna, Senior Consultant at Deloitte Advisory and project manager and advisor for a start-up, Obce v datatech
- Ms Helena Koning, Data Protection Officer at Mastercard.
- Mr Juan Murillo Arias, Senior Manager on Data Strategy & Data Science Innovation at the Spanish bank BBVA (Banco Bilbao Vizcaya y Argentaria)
- Mr Paulo Nogueira, Director of the Directorate of Analysis and Information at the Portuguese Directorate-General of Health
- Ms Nuria Oliver, Director of Research in Data Science at Vodafone and Chief Data Scientist at Data-Pop Alliance
- Mr Milan Petkovic, Vice-President of the BDVA (Big Data Value Association), part-time professor and Head of Data Science at Philips
- Mr Dominik Rozkrut, President of the Polish Statistical Office
- Ms Greta Schoeters, Environmental Health Manager at VITO
- Ms Eva Schweitzer, Deputy Head of Unit and Researcher for Urban Research on Digital Cities, Risk Prevention and Transport at the German Federal Institute for Research on Building, Urban Affairs and Spatial Development
- Ms Virpi Johanna Stenman, Project Manager at the Finnish Forest Centre
- Ms Ioana Raluca Stoenescu, Government Affairs Manager at Roche Holding - Roche Romania
- Mr Per-Olof Svensk, Senior Advisor and Project Manager at the Swedish Transport Administration
- Mr Joost Vantomme, Director of Smart Mobility at ACEA (European Automobile Manufacturer’s Association)
- Mr Stefaan Verhulst, co-founder of and Chief of R&D at The GovLab, New York University
- Ms Susan Wegner, Vice-President on Data, Artificial Intelligence and Governance and Chief Data Officer at Deutsche Telekom
- Mr Erik Wetter, Assistant Professor at the Stockholm School for Economics and co-founder and Chairman of the Flowminder Foundation
- Mr Dimitris Zissis, Associate Professor at the Greek University of the Aegean and Head of R&D for MarineTraffic
- World Bank
- UN Global Pulse
The first meeting will take place on the 29 November in Brussels.
More information about the Call for applications (closed).
More information about Building a European data economy in the European Commission.