Following the request from the European Commission, ETSI launched the Cloud Standards Coordination (CSC) initiative in a fully open and transparent way, open for all stakeholders.
After an analysis of major aspects of cloud computing standardization, the final Report provides:
• A definition of roles in cloud computing;
• The collection and classification of over 100 cloud computing Use Cases;
• A list of around 20 relevant organizations in cloud computing Standardization and a selection of around 150 associated documents, Standards & Specifications as well as Reports & White Papers produced by these organizations;
• A classification of activities that need to be undertaken by Cloud Service Customers or Cloud Service Providers over the whole Cloud Service Life-Cycle;
• A mapping of the selected cloud computing documents (in particular Standards & Specifications) on these activities.