CAPS stands for Collective Awareness Platforms for Sustainability and Social Innovation. It is an initiative launched by DG CONNECT in 2013 aimed at stimulating socially innovative applications of network technologies, building collective intelligence and collective action.
This event brought together old and new CAPS projects, discussing ideas for the next workprogramme, defining clusters of projects, and ultimately establishing a working community of innovation entities that will actively cooperate with the EC on Digital Social Innovation over the coming years.
This community meeting was open not only to the 36 CAPS projects, but also to any external participant interesting in gathering knowledge about the current developments and interacting first-hand the current CAPS activities, from peer to peer. More than half of the 100+ participants were not affiliated with any current CAPS project.
Meeting the CAPS projects I (roundtable): gathering open data to enable new collaborative approaches
- Chic: supporting CAPS projects and activities
- CAP4ACCESS: collectively gathering and sharing information about accessibility of public spaces (Silke Maria Georgi, Sozialhelden e.V)
- DECARBONET: Engaging citizens with climate change" (Lara Piccolo, Open University)
- NETCOMMONS (Renato Lo Cigno, Univ. of Trento)
- the OPENCARE engagement model (Nadia El Imam)
- Open4Citizens: opening up data for bottom-up city innovation (Morten Lindblad, DataProcess)
- PROFIT: Financial data exchange and education, Alternative banks (Miroslav Konecny)
- SavingFood2.0 – Tackling food waste through the collaborative power of online networks (Brian Pickering, IT Innovation)
- SOCRATIC sustainability challenges (Yolanda Rueda, cybervoluntarios)
- Wikirate and Chainreact: citizens rating companies on CSR ()
Meeting the CAPS projects II (roundtable): building a collaborative framework for makers
- CAPSELLA: From farm to fork - Feeding the world with data (Eleni Toli, Univ. of Athens)
- CAPTOR: Citizen science, collaborative networks and environmental activism on air pollution (Jorge Garcia Vidal, Univ. Pol. Catalunya)
- the MAZI toolkit for citizen engagement (Stavroula Maglavera, Univ. of Thessaly)
- MAKE-IT: Peer Production, Value Creation and Governance ()
- MAKING SENSE (Susana Nascimento, JRC)
- HACKAIR: Collection of Multimodal Environmental Data for Air Quality Estimation (Christodoulos Keratidis, Draxis)
- STARS4ALL: preserve the darkness of European skies (Oscar Corcho, Univ. Pol. Madrid)
- IA4SI : measuring impact and specific CAPS contributions to social innovation