Objectives of the preparatory actions
- Test new business models for European audiovisual media service providers and assess whether providing subtitled versions of European TV programmes can increase audience numbers both within and beyond the European Union;
- Facilitate cross border online dissemination of cultural content which is often slowed down by linguistic borders;
- Compare the audience reach of similar audiovisual content with and without subtitling and share the results publicly with EU stakeholders and public policy makers.
- Increase audiences for European cultural content via the online provision of a minimum of 300 hours of cultural content within certain territories of the European Union;
- Providing analysis to inform policy development on the impact of online provision of subtitled cultural content with a view to broadening the audience of this cultural content in the European Union.
The action will be implemented by way of a call for proposals with a maximum aid intensity of 60% of the total eligible costs of the project(s).