The mandate of the Open Science Policy Platform is to:
- advise the Commission on how to further develop and practically implement open science policy, in line with the priority of Commissioner Moedas to radically improve the quality and impact of European science;
- function as a dynamic, stakeholder-driven mechanism for bringing up and addressing issues of concern for the European science and research community and its representative organisations, following five broad lines for actions which are presented in the draft European Open Science Agenda 124 KB ;
- support policy formulation by helping to identify the issues to be addressed and providing recommendations on the policy actions required;
- support policy implementation, contributing to reviewing best practices, drawing policy guidelines and encouraging their active uptake by stakeholders;
- provide advice and recommendations on any cross-cutting issue affecting Open Science.
Before sending in an application, please read the Call for expression of interest 110 KB carefully.
Please forward any queries on the Open Science Policy Platform by email to: RTD-Open-Science@ec.europa.eu