In 2018, the BCO Network Support Facility will work to build the capacity of the Network through:
- Training sessions and thematic groups on technical areas
- Videos on good practices in broadband roll-out projects
- Quarterly overviews and a guide to EU funding for broadband
- Outreach activities to engage the Network’s stakeholders
- Guidance on good practices in BCO services
The training sessions and thematic groups will focus on:
- Services BCOs can offer, other than funding
- Rural and remote areas usage and services
- State aid
- Demand-side measures
- Mapping and step change in connection with the move toward the European Gigabit Society objectives
- Technological neutrality
- Last mile: how to ensure user connectivity to subsidised back-haul; various investment models
A particular focus in 2018 will be in supporting rural and remote areas, as well as regions that are lagging behind. Key to this will be the BCO Network and Support Facility’s support of the European Commission’s Action Plan for Rural Broadband.
Read more about the 2018 programme of the BCO Network Support Facility in the 2018 Annual Work Plan Summary.