A whole ecosystem of accelerators, entrepreneurial organisations and events are sprouting up to support this vision through funding and mentoring including:
- Startup hubs: Start-Up People of Sweden (SUP46)
- Accelerators: STING, MINC and KTH Student Inc.
- Associations: The Internet Infrastructure Foundation (.SE) and Stockholm School of Entrepreneursship
- Crowdfunding platforms: Funded by Me
- Public sector bodies: Vinnova, Almi Invest, Industrifonden
- Stockholm Business Networking events: TechMeet
Discover the latest generation of tech stars in Sweden through these inspirational success stories provided by the Swedish Digital Champion Jan Gulliksen. One of them may very well be the next Spotify or Mojang:
- Apprl is a social commerce platform that connects publishers, online stores and consumers through digital tools. Apprl helps publishers to earn money on their content, online stores to increase their reach and people to shop where they’re inspired and get inspired where they shop.
- Waitress is a new mobile ordering and payment service that is being rolled out in lunch restaurants in Stockholm. Customers use their phones to pre-order takeaway or eat-in. They receive a push-notification with the estimated waiting time and pick up orders without having to wait.
- Reve dreams to be every customer’s assistant for their day-to-day shopping. Their vision is that e-commerce and physical retail should be fully integrated.
- SNOW is an open-world skiing and snowboarding game that allows players to explore mountainous environments consisting of a range of different routes and discoverable items. This environment can be edited and characters can be customised by the player.
- Videoplaza aims to help broadcasters and publishers build a profitable and sustainable business in the internet-delivered TV world. The founders try to bridge the gap between how consumers want to consume TV and what was available online in a straightforward, legal way. In October 2014, the company was bought by Ooyala, a subsidiary of Telstra.
- Barnebys is the online search service for arts, antiques and collectibles. The company gathers auctions and catalogues from all leading auction houses, and they collaborate with bloggers covering openings, the contemporary art scene, major auctions and much more.