In 2008, Ministers called for a reinforcement of the international dimension in the Cannes declaration on EU audiovisual cooperation.
The Commission staff working document [SEC(2009) 1033] provides a comprehensive overview of this area, notably highlighting the approach underpinning the EU action in this context.
The international aspects of audiovisual policy cover five main areas:
- EU Enlargement
- European Neighbourhood Policy
- Trade relations
- The World Trade Organisation
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Promotion of cultural diversity (UNESCO)
- Cooperation in audiovisual policy