About the Future Internet Forum
The FIF is a registered group composed of representatives of the Member States and Associated Countries. It consists of officials from the competent ministries and/or experts from public or private institutions mandated specifically to represent national Future Internet (FI) initiatives. The forum meets twice a year (in the context of the Net Futures Conference or other events like the ICT Conference) and is the place where Member States and Associated Countries can:
- share knowledge, experience and best practices,
- identify key national actors, activities and institutions,
- devise common approaches and complementarities between the various frameworks.
The group is expected, by way of considered opinions, recommendations or reports, to provide information on relevant objectives and scientific, technological and innovation programmes, activities and priorities, and to share good practices and roadmaps.
As well as bringing forward their own collective expertise, the FIF is expected to be a focal point for processing inputs from across society related to the Future Internet and its societal impacts. The forum will therefore support outreach, facilitating the Commission services' dialogue with a wider group of stakeholders cutting across the value chain, from technology to applications, from research and development to innovation and take-up. In that context, the FIF may decide to liaise with other fora, such as the 5G Association, the Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation (AIoTI) and the Cloud Select Industry Group (C-SIG), as well as relevant European Innovation Partnerships (EIPs) and European Technology Platforms (ETPs).
FIF Horizon 2020 (from 2016 onwards)
- 6th meeting - Ljubljana, 21 June 2018
- 5th meeting - Luxembourg-Kirchberg, 29 January 2018
- 4th meeting - Brussels, 28 June 2017
- 3rd meeting - Brussels, 27 April 2017
- 2nd meeting - Brussels, 16 November 2016
- 1st meeting - Brussels, 21 April 2016
FIF (2009-2015 - last three meetings)
- 14th meeting - Lisbon, 21-22 October 2015
- 13th meeting - Brussels, 26-26 March 2015
- 12th meeting - Berlin, 21 October 2014