Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana continues the work of the Member States' Expert Group on Digitisation and Digital Preservation, and will review and discuss policies for digital cultural heritage, notably by assisting the European Commission in monitoring progress and assessing the impact of the implementation of the European Commission Recommendation and related Council Conclusions.
Moreover, the Group will provide high quality advice on specific policy issues where such advice is important for the development of Union policies or legislation.
A sub-group on Europeana of the DCHE Expert Group has been established to provide the DCHE with advice on certain aspects of the Europeana Digital Service Infrastructure, such as Europeana’s general objectives, governance, strategic priorities, evolution and sustainability. The Sub-group on Europeana has 12 members: 8 members appointed following an open call for applications, and 4 members appointed by nominations of Member States. For the full list of expert group and sub-group members, please check the Register of Commission Expert groups and other similar entities.
Meetings of the Digital Cultural Heritage and Europeana Expert Group
- 1st meeting, 10-11 May 2017
- 2nd meeting, 13-14 November 2017
- 3rd meeting, 17-18 April 2018
- 4th meeting, 6-7 November 2018
- 5th meeting, 7-8 May 2019
- 6th meeting, 5-6 November 2019
Meetings of the Sub-Group on Europeana
- 7 November 2018- Joint agenda with the 4th DCHE meeting and minutes
- 28 February 2019 - Agenda and minutes
- 19 Septembre 2019 - Agenda and minutes
- 6 November 2019- Agenda and minutes (available soon)