The European Broadband Awards are open to all types of projects advanced in their implementation, irrespective of the size, location, or technologies used. The competition targets national, regional, and local public authorities (e.g. municipalities, regions and administrations) as well as large and small privately funded projects that adopt innovative models of investment, business or financing.
How to apply for the European Broadband Awards 2018?
Download the application form and the guide for applicants. Carefully read the guide and explanations in the application form. Fill in and submit the application (as xlsx file) via e-mail. The deadline for submitting the applications is 7 September 2018, 16:00 CET.
The winners will be announced and awarded at the ceremony on 19 November and invited to present the project at the Broadband Day in Brussels on 20 November. The winners will also be featured on Digital Single Market website, newsletters and the good practice database of Broadband Europe.
The projects will apply to one of the five categories of awards:
- Innovative models of financing, business and investment. The projects that applied effective and innovative financing, business or investment models will choose this category.
- Cost reduction and co-investment in a future-proof infrastructure. The category is addressed to projects that applied measures exploiting the synergies between different infrastructures and strived for cooperation among relevant stakeholders in building and investing in future proof high capacity infrastructure.
- Territorial cohesion in rural and remote areas. Projects with impact on territorial cohesion of rural and remote areas, on sustainable territorial development, competitiveness and better connectivity of territories are welcome in this category.
- Socio-economic impact and affordability. The category is for projects that have direct and indirect socio-economic impacts as well the impact on the affordability of services for end-users.
- Openness and competition. This is the most suitable category for projects that strived for openness of the infrastructure and creating favourable conditions for competition among retail suppliers.
The video interviews with the five winners of the 2017 awards are available online.
Further information & support
Previous editions of the awards
You will find more info about previous editions of the awards, the finalists and the winners in the European Broadband Awards archive.
Click on the map below to check the projects that applied for the European Broadband Awards 2017.