We connect women with mentors from the technology industry. The Code to Change addresses the gender divide in the technology sector through bridging the skills gap.
The mission of The Code To Change is to achieve gender equality and economic empowerment of women through digital inclusion. We are proud to share that our last year’s digital skills bootcamp graduates and mentees have since started new tech projects; they are building new apps and are pursuing exciting new employment opportunities in the technology sector.
The Code to Change is a diversity and inclusion organisation that supports professional women from diverse backgrounds who want to move into digital- or technology-based roles through our innovative digital skills programs.
What does the The Code to Change do:
- The Code to Change program comprises of two phases:
- A 2-day digital skills bootcamp and 1-day conference that introduces highly competent professional women to the digital skills required to succeed in the job market.
- Successful completion of the bootcamp is followed by a 5-month online mentoring phase. We work with top students to identify, potential work experience activities that will follow after the mentoring phase. The mentoring phase will culminate in a summit in the month of March 2019.
- Professional women (from diverse educational backgrounds) who want to reintegrate into technology workforce;
- Career Switchers;
- People of refugee and migrant background
Duration; Run annually for six months.
Budget: 40,000 euros.
Every year we introduce 25 to 30 women to digital skills like coding. We work with these women for a period of 3-5 months and support them to build their skills and take their careers to the next level. Please take a look at the following two testimonials from our past and present mentees.
- (2016) Joyce’s Code To Change Journey: http://chunrichoupaal.org/joyces-code-to-change-journey/
- (2018) The Tweet that saved my life: https://medium.com/@anthrobuzz/the-tweet-that-saved-my-life-86b7b848af4d
The impact is measurable. We track the learning and career journeys of the women we work with and support them at various steps of their journeys through mentorship and networking.
What is unique is that women technologists themselves, from sponsors to mentors, power this initiative, it is the technology leaders that support this program and make it possible for other women to join the technology sector. We have a community of close to 500 women technologists.