ICT Proposers' Day 2014 will be held in Fortezza da Basso at Firenze Fiera - Congress and Exhibition Center.
Getting to the venue
The address of the venue is:
Viale Filippo Strozzi, at the level of Piazza Bambini di Beslan
Entrance through gate: PORTA ALLE CARRA
Getting to Florence
Florence can be reached by plane, by train, by bus or by car.
From Amerigo Vespucci Airport (Florence Airport)
The airport of Florence, named after Amerigo Vespucci, is situated 4 km from the city centre. There are several means of transport from the airport to downtown Florence.
- Public bus lines: Buses go every 30 minutes from the airport to Piazza Stazione in the centre of Florence. More information and bus schedules are available on the airport website.
- Taxis: The taxi fare from the airport to the city centre costs approximately €20 - €25. It is advised to use licensed taxi services offered at the airport. For more information.
- Shuttle bus: a shuttle bus is available from the venue to the airport, you can consult the .
Pisa International Airport, Galileo Galilei, is 80 km from Florence. It is accessible by bus, or by train from Pisa Central Railway Station to Florence Santa Maria Novella Railway Station. More information about both the bus and train can be found on the airport's website. For detailed train schedules and fares please check the Italian railways website Trenitalia.
Trains go frequently from Bologna Centrale railway station to Florence Santa Maria Novella Railway Station. The high speed trains take around 35 minutes, and the slower intercity trains take up to 1 hour. More information, including train schedules and prices, can be found on the Italian railways website Trenitalia.
A direct shuttle bus from Bologna Airport to Florence takes 1 hour and 30 minutes and costs €20. The bus stops at Fortress-Piazzale Montelungo and at Calenzano- Carrefour in Florence. For more information and for booking please see the Appennino shuttle website.
High speed trains go frequently from Rome Termini railway station to Florence Santa Maria Novella Railway Station and take around 1 hour 30 minutes. More information, including train schedules and prices can be found on the Italian railways website Trenitalia.
Should you require accomodation, the Florence Congress Booking website, in collaboration with ICT Proposers' Day 2014, provides a choice of hotels. Once you have registered for the event, an access code to book accommodation through the website will be sent to you.
The currency in Italy is the EURO.
- The City of Florence's offical website
- Florence Tourist Information Office
- Florence City Maps and Itineraries
- Florence Photo Gallery