The CAPS initiative aims at designing and piloting online platforms to create awareness on sustainability problems and putting in place collective solutions. It fosters collaborative solutions based on networks (of people, of ideas, of sensors), enabling new forms of digital social innovation.
Purpose of CAPS Projects
CAPS are expected to support environmentally aware, grassroots processes and practices enabling citizens to:
- share knowledge,
- make better informed decisions as consumers,
- nudge collective environmentally-savvy behavioural changes, and
- set up more participatory democratic processes.
Concrete examples of emerging areas include:
- Open Democracy: enabling citizens' participation in democratic processes by developing and applying new tools (e.g. voting, online consultation)
- Open Policy Making: better decision making based on open data
- Collaborative Economy: lending, exchange, swapping made to operate at scale
- Collaborative Making: developing new ways of manufacturing
- Collaborative Consumption: rethinking consumerism
- Environmental action: collectively acting to save the planet
- New Collaborative approaches to inclusion, agriculture, health, disaster management
Piloting new Platforms for Collective Awareness and Action
A new call for collaborative projects has been published, under the 2016-17 ICT Work Programme, as call ICT-11: "Collective Awareness Platforms for Sustainability and Social Innovation". The deadline for submission is 25 April 2017.
Please check the H2020 participant portal for further information including topic description and funding schemes.
- Visit the CAPS community website
- Refer to ongoing CAPS projects for more details on projects that have been funded under the first calls, .
- Presentation of CAPS (pdf) in the 2016-17 Work Programme.
- A related call ICT-12b: "Distributed Architectures for Decentralised Data Governance" was also open in 2016 and the selected project DECODE just started.
- Examples of related CAPS activities and projects worldwide.
- Follow #CAPSSI and contact us via email