A shared vision is essential to mobilise investment and guarantee the commitment of all actors to a digital transformation of health and care for the ageing society. A number of industrial players, regional authorities, professional organisations and multi-stakeholder platforms such as the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing, created a blueprint on the transformation of health and care in Europe.
The aim is to reach out to more than 50 regions that will invest in the implementation and/or deployment of large-scale digital solutions for health and care.
A total investment envelope of EUR 500 million of private and public investments would reach an additional 4 million citizens who will be actual beneficiaries of innovative services.
Next steps along the path to digital transformation
The goals for 2017-2018 are:
- Developing the European innovation investment map until 2018 for digital transformation of health and care (target date: July 2017);
- Identifying the key use cases and scenarios targeted for large scale deployment until 2018 (target date: July 2017).
Champions of the blueprint
The initial organisations that contributed to the blueprint and that agree with the overall principle of developing a shared vision are called 'Champions':
- European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing (EIP on AHA)
- Reference Sites Collaborative Network of the EIP on AHA
- European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry (COCIR)
- European Health Telematics Association (EHTEL)
- Personal Connected Health Alliance (PCHA)
- Integrating the Healthcare Entreprise (IHE)
- European Connected Health Alliance (ECH Alliance)
- EUROCARERS – European Association Working for Carers
- AGFA HealthCare
- Alliance for Internet of Things Innovation (AIOTI)
- Orange HealthCare
- Tunstall Healthcare
Read or download the Blueprint - Digital Transformation of Health and Care for the Ageing Society. Contact us via email.
- Blog post of Miguel Gonzalez-Sancho (DG Connect, European Commission): "Boosting innovation on Active and Healthy Ageing in the Digital Single Market"
- EU Summit on Innovation for Active and Healthy Ageing: Conference website