The AVMSD Contact Committee (Article 29) deals not only with the existing audiovisual policy but also with the relevant developments arising in this sector. The committee also helps the Member States with their national reports which have to be written every two years.
The committee should pay special attention to technical developments in the audiovisual sector.
Chaired by the Commission and composed of representatives of the authorities of the Member States, it may be convened at the request of any of the delegations.
- 47th Meeting of the Contact Committee - 14 December 2017
- 46the Meeting of the Contact Committee - 11 April 2017
- 45th Meeting of the Contact Committee - 9 September 2016
- 44th Meeting of the Contact Committee - 6 July 2016
- 43rd Meeting of the Contact Committee - 18 January 2016
- 42nd Meeting of the Contact Committee - 4 December 2015
- 41st Meeting of the Contact Committee - 5 June 2015
- 40th Meeting of the Contact Committee -7 November2014
- 39th Meeting of the Contact Committee - 13 March 2014
- 38th Meeting of the Contact Committee - 30 May 2013
- 37th Meeting of the Contact Committee - 21 November 2012
- 36th Meeting of the Contact Committee - 8 June 2012
- 35th Meeting of the Contact Committee - 23 November 2011
- Tables mentioned under item 7 of the Contact Committee minutes:
- Table on some national rules on commercial communications and promotion of European works
- Table on transposition of Article 7 of Directive 2010/13/EU (accessibility requirements)
- Table on transposition of Article 4(7) of Directive 2010/13/EU (co and self regulation)
- Table on transposition of Article 9(2) of Directive 2010/13/EU (codes of conduct for HFSS food)
- Previous documents produced by the Contact Committee
- Rules of procedure (as amended on 21/10/04)
The Article 29 of the Audiovisual Media Service Directive:
- A contact committee is established under the aegis of the Commission. It shall be composed of representatives of the competent authorities of the Member States. It shall be chaired by a representative of the Commission and meet either on his initiative or at the request of the delegation of a Member State.
- The tasks of the contact committee shall be:
- to facilitate effective implementation of this Directive through regular consultation on any practical problems arising from its application, and particularly from the application of Article 2, as well as on any other matters on which exchanges of views are deemed useful;
- to deliver own-initiative opinions or opinions requested by the Commission on the application by the Member States of this Directive;
- to be the forum for an exchange of views on what matters should be dealt with in the reports which Member States must submit pursuant to Article 16(3) and on their methodology;
- to discuss the outcome of regular consultations which the Commission holds with representatives of broadcasting organisations, producers, consumers, manufacturers, service providers and trade unions and the creative community;
- to facilitate the exchange of information between the Member States and the Commission on the situation and the development of regulatory activities regarding audiovisual media services, taking account of the Union's audiovisual policy, as well as relevant developments in the technical field;
- to examine any development arising in the sector on which an exchange of views appears useful.