In the European Parliament, Andreas Schwab is a member of the following Committees and Delegations:
- Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection (EPP Group Coordinator)
- Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (substitute member)
- EPP Group bureau
- CDU/CSU Group bureaou (substitute)
- Delegation to the Euro-Latin American Parliamentary Assembly (DLAT)
- Delegation for the relations with Switzerland, Norway, to the EU-Iceland Joint Parliamentary Committee (SINEEA)
Andreas Schwab studied Law at the University of Freiburg and the Institut d'Etudes Politiques in Paris (I.E.P), 1993. He holds LL.M. from the University of Wales, 2000 and Doctorate in law from the University of Freiburg, 2002, having passed the state law exam 2003.
Before joining the European Parliament, Andreas Schwab was government assistant lawyer at the Ministry for Culture, Youth and Sport in Stuttgart and Personal Adviser to the Minister.
Furhermore, Andreas Schwab is Chair of the Board of Governors of the European Consumer Centre Kehl.