What topic involving novel collaborations between scientists and engineers has made new technologies possible? Why are these technologies important?
Specific ideas for a project should not be submitted. What is needed are general ideas that could launch a new research community of scientists and engineers who would work together to reach a common goal.
Please make sure to provide the following information when submitting your idea for a new topic:
- Title of your idea
- Scientific and Technological Topics to be addressed?
• What does this topic address?
• What is the state-of-the-art and what are the main scientific and technological challenges and opportunities for frontier research that need to be tackled in the next 5-10 years in this area?
• Which disciplines are involved?
• What would be the critical mass of European researchers needed to carry out research in this area? What is the current situation?
• How is this topic related to recent breakthroughs?
• Why is this research needed now (or when would it be needed)?
- Why is this topic important?
Possible examples could include:
• tackling the great societal challenges (e.g. global warming, tightening supplies of energy, ageing of society etc.)?
• solving key technological problems
• potential contribution to EU growth
• maintain EU leading role in the field
• essential role to boost EU innovation…
To participate to the consultation:
- register to the group (create an ECAS login if you don't have one yet);
- then "log in" and enter your contribution in the "Add new comment" box, at the vey bottom of the page.
You can also participate by commenting on submitted ideas and/or voting for them.
If you wish to share with us additional documents or have any questions about the process, please send them to our FET mailbox.