The CAF brings together a number of leading personalities of the European ICT industry, large public research organisations and academics addressing not only the scientific and technological aspects of ICT but also the economic and societal impacts of new developments.
The CAF's guidance should help DG CONNECT to put in place an ICT research and innovation portfolio that promotes European competitiveness in a digital world. This portfolio should be one that:
- supports SMEs as well as major players
- drives out-of-the-box research and disruptive innovation
- engages with citizens and remains attentive to individual impact
The role of ICT in Horizon 2020 is extensive and cuts across the three priorities, "scientific excellence', "industrial leadership" and "societal challenges". The CAF is explicitly tasked to advise on safeguarding the linkages and coherence of ICT across all the three priorities of H2020, taking into account the broader policy context within which the implementation of Horizon 2020 will be taking place.
This Forum was established in 2013 and its composition was renewed in 2015 (about 1/3 new members).
- 9th plenary meeting (29 June 2016)
- 8th plenary meeting (3 February 2016)
- 7th plenary meeting (19-20 October 2015)
- 6th plenary meeting (17 September 2014)
- 5th plenary meeting (20 June 2014)
- 4th plenary meeting (21 March 2014)
- 3rd plenary meeting (5th November 2013)
- 2nd plenary meeting (14th May 2013)
- 1st plenary meeting (28th February 2013)