Center Borschette (Getting bottom-up broadband), Autoworld (Facilitating wide-scale broadband), 16/06/2011 (9:30-13:30)
The workshop will bring together policy markers, local and regional actors with other stakeholders to share guidance and best practice on financing and facilitating broadband roll-out with a view to develop broadband projects proposals, including in the context of rural and regional development (Digital Agenda action 48).
Due to a significant interest in this workshop from the stakeholder community and demand for broader coverage of the Digital Agenda's Pillar 4 issues, we have decided to divide workshop 5 into two parallel sessions.
The 1st parallel workshop (Getting bottom-up broadband projects up and running) aims at:
- (a) evaluating the pros and cons of identified bottom-up investment models
- (b) discussing what is still needed to stimulate investment in viable broadband projects and
- (c) enabling regional and local actors to develop concrete broadband projects proposals
This parallel workshop is linked to Big Idea 5 (bottom-up broadband).
Session (Getting bottom-up broadband projects up and running) organiser: Guido ACCHIONI (European Commission, DG Information Society and Media, Belgium)
The 2nd parallel workshop (Facilitating wide-scale broadband investments) aims at:
- (a) presenting a range of on-the-ground investment projects, exploring the challenges of securing investments from a variety of players to meet the DAE broadband targets, with a particular focus on the role of telecom operators;
- (b) discussing innovative regulatory measures to facilitate and reduce the costs of the network roll-out process.
Session (Facilitating wide-scale broadband investment) organiser: Katarzyna SZCZUKA (European Commission, DG Information Society and Media, Belgium)
Workshop links and documents
- ! State aid: Commission launches public consultation on the revision of the Broadband Guidelines. Deadline 31 August 2011!
- Agenda WS5 BuB  (81 KB)
- WS 5: Programme - Facilitating wide-scale broadband investment  (175 KB)
- WS5 BuB - A Daly - Analysys Mason DG REGIO Study - basis EC guide BB invest Models for EU manag Auth  (294 KB)
- WS5 BuB - Antti Kohtala - Finnish state aid scheme FI AK DAE 160611  (6 MB)
- WS5 BuB - Biography Antti Kohtala I 100611  (30 KB)
- WS5 BuB - C Perez Maestro- DG INFSO - DAE ScoreBoard  (898 KB)
- WS5 BuB - Oliver Stehmann - DG COMP - State aid control in the broadband sector  (663 KB)
- WS5 BuB - R William- European Broadband Portal - Discussion Guide  (341 KB)
- WS5 BuB - R William- European Broadband Portal - Quick Guide to financial models  (346 KB)
- WS5 BuB - R William- European Broadband Portals - WP 5 Outcomes  (260 KB)
- WS5 BuB - Tony Shortall - DAE Big Idea - Bottom Up Broadband  (89 KB)
- presentation session 2 - Dansk Energi  (4 MB)
- presentation session 2 - ESOA  (3 MB)
- presentation session 2 - Portugal Telecom  (11 MB)
- presentation session 2- Deutsche Telekom  (3 MB)
- presentation session 2- Fastweb  (2 MB)
- presentation session 2- Ministry of Transport and Communications  (10 MB)
- presentation session 2- UKE  (13 MB)
- speakers session 2  (135 KB)
Plenary report from workshop 05A  (52 KB)
Plenary report from workshop 05B  (49 KB)
Video report from workshop 05 
Workshop report 05A. Getting bottom-up broadband  (250 KB)
Workshop report 05B. Facilitating wide-scale broadband investments  (303 KB)
Session organiser: Guido ACCHIONI (European Commission, DG Information Society and Media, Belgium)