The Representation is the local office of the European Commission in Cyprus, based in Nicosia.
Our role is to:
- Explain how EU policies will affect you in Cyprus
- Be a source of EU-related information for your government and other authorities and stakeholders in Cyprus
- Offer press & media services in Cyprus and information on developments in EU policymaking
- Speak for the European Commission as its voice in Cyprus
- Report back to the Commission in Brussels on important political, economic and social developments in Cyprus
The Commission has Representations in all 27 EU countries, as well as Regional Offices in Barcelona, Bonn, Marseille, Milan, Munich and Wrocław.
They inform the media and public about EU policies and report to the European Commission on significant developments in the country.