Compilation of State aid rules in force (de en fr).
- Study on the enforcement of State aid rules and decisions by national courts (July 2019). See also the study homepage with case database.
- Study on the financing models for public services in the EU and their impact on competition, October 2016.
- The Impact of Government Interventions on Investment in the GB Electricity Market - Expert Opinion by Prof Richard Green and Dr Iain Staffell , November 2013
- Ex post evaluation of the Regional Aid Guidelines 2007-2013, December 2012
- The role and effectiveness of regional investment aid. The point of view of the academic literature. Study for the European Commission, 2012
- Short term trade finance and credit insurance in the European Union, 2012.
This report examines the functioning of the trade finance and credit insurance market.
- Should aid be granted to firms in difficulty? A study on counterfactual scenarios to restructuring state aid. Prepared for the European Commission, 2009.
- 2009 update of the 2006 Study on the enforcement of State aid rules at national level, 2009
- Country summaries - Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom (n.b. This content has not in any way been approved by the Commission and is no statement of the Commission).
- Study on the Enforcement of State Aid Law at National Level, 2006
- Services of General Economic Interest - Opinion Prepared by the State Aid Group of EAGCP, 2006
- The Market Trends of Private Reinsurance in the Field of Export Credit Insurance, 2005
- The impact of R&D - State aid and its appraisal on the level of EU research expenditure in the contect of the Barcelona European Council objectives, 2005
- Updating of the reference rates of interest applied to State aid control in the EU, 2004
- Review of Community guidelines for national regional aid, 2003
- Expert group reports on the effectiveness of public support mechanisms for private sector Research and Development, 2003
- Methodology for Identifying Sectors with Serious Structural Problems, 2002
- Aid to make good the damage caused by natural disasters (Article 107(2)(b) TFEU) - Checklist for Member States
(bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv), October 2013
- This checklist is not mandatory, but Member States may use it as guidance to prepare notifications of aid to make good the damage caused by natural disasters
- Guide on the application of the EU rules on state aid, public procurement and the internal market to services of general economic interest, and in particular to social services of general interest, February 2013
- Guidance Paper on state aid-compliant financing, restructuring and privatisation of State-owned enterprises (bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv), July 2012
- Enforcement of EU State aid law by national courts, 2010
This Handbook gathers the main EU notices and regulations regarding State aid of relevance to national judges. It includes the Commission's Enforcement Notice, which aims at offering national courts practical support in their individual cases and explaining their role as defined by the EU Court. It also provides guidance on the principles concerning recovery of unlawful aid and the rules for the application of Article 108 TFEU.
Financial and economic crisis
- The effects of temporary State aid rules adopted in the context of the financial and economic crisis. Commission staff working paper, 2011
- DG Competition's review of guarantee and recapitalisation schemes in the financial sector in the current crisis , 2009
This review does not necessarily represent the position of the Commission.
- Report from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament: Evaluation report on the application of Council Regulation (EC) No 994/98 of 7 May 1998 regarding the application of Articles 87 and 88 of the EC Treaty to certain categories of horizontal State aid, 2006
Press release: State aid: Commission report highlights benefits to Member States of block exemption regulations
- Report on the implementation of the Commission notice on the application of the state aid rules to measures relating to direct business taxation (da de el en es fr it nl pt fi sv), Report adopted by the Commission on 09.02.2004
General State aid policy
- Progress report concerning the reduction and reorientation of State aid (da de el en es fr it nl pt fi sv), 2002
Application of State aid law by national courts
- Report on the application of EC state aid law by the Member State courts, 1999
Services of General Economic Interest (SGEI)
- Report on the state of play in the work on the guidelines for state aid and services of general economic interest (da de el en es fr it nl pt fi sv), 2002
- Report to the Seville European Council on the status of work on the guidelines for state aid and services of general economic interest, 2002
- Report to the Laeken European Council - Services of General Interest (Presented by the Commission)
COM(2001) 598 final, October 2001
- Report on services of general economic interest in the banking sector adopted by the Commission on 17.06.1998 and presented to the ECOFIN Council on 23.11.1998