All citizens, organisations and public authorities are welcome to contribute to this consultation.
Period of consultation
From 09.07.2021 to 17.09.2021
Objective of the consultation
On 9 July 2021, the Commission published drafts of the revised Vertical Block Exemption Regulation (“VBER”) and Vertical Guidelines for stakeholder comments. Through the consultation, the Commission aims to gather stakeholder feedback on the changes it proposes to address the issues identified in the evaluation of the current rules. The evaluation showed that the VBER and the Vertical Guidelines are useful tools that facilitate the assessment of vertical agreements and help reduce compliance costs for businesses. It also showed room for improvement, notably the need to adapt both texts to new market developments. Since the launch of the impact assessment in October 2020, the Commission has gathered further evidence on possible changes of the current rules, which has been taken into account when preparing the draft revised VBER and Vertical Guidelines published for stakeholder comments.
How to submit your contribution
We welcome contributions from citizens, organisations and public authorities.
- If you are answering this consultation as a citizen, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation on behalf of an organisation, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation on behalf of a public authority, please click here to submit your contribution.
Received contributions will be published on this webpage. Submissions that are clearly marked "confidential" will be treated as such and not published. If you want your contribution to be published, please also provide a non-confidential version of your reply.
We would appreciate receiving submissions electronically as attachments to emails in English, French or German. These attachments should, furthermore, be submitted in “.docx” or “.pdf” format, otherwise they will not be published.
It is important to read the privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
Please note that the replies received after the deadline will not be take account.
View the consultation document
- Draft revised Vertical block exemption Regulation [all language versions]
- Draft revised Vertical Guidelines [all language versions]
- Background note accompanying the public consultation of the draft revised VBER and Vertical Guidelines [all language versions]
- Press release
Directorate-General for Competition – Unit A1
Please always indicate the reference number in your correspondence: HT.6179
Directorate-General for Competition, Unit A1
1049 Bruxelles / Brussel
Belgique / België