Competition: State aid
All citizens, organisations, companies, and public authorities are welcome to contribute to this consultation.
Period of consultation
From 23.02.2021 to 20.04.2021
Objective of the consultation
The evaluation of the Communication on important projects of common European interest undertaken in the context of the Fitness Check of State aid rules showed that the current provisions work well and are an effective tool to achieve the objective of facilitating the emergence of important projects of common European interest. However, some targeted adjustments are necessary:
(a) Clarifying certain notions and providing further guidance on certain criteria set out in the Communication;
(b) Facilitating the involvement of SMEs, in line with the Industrial Strategy and the SME Strategy;
(c) Ensuring the wide European character of important projects of common European interest by enhancing their openness and consistency with EU policies, notably the European Green Deal.
How to submit your contribution
We welcome contributions from citizens, organisations, companies and public authorities.
- If you are answering this consultation as a citizen, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation on behalf of an organisation, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation as a company, please click here to submit your contribution.
- If you are answering this consultation on behalf of a public authority, please click here to submit your contribution.
Received contributions will be published on this webpage. Only submissions that are clearly marked "CONFIDENTIAL" (in English, in capital letters) will be treated as such and not published. In that case, please also provide a non-confidential version of your reply. It is important to read the privacy statement attached to this consultation for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
We would appreciate receiving submissions electronically, as attachments to emails in .doc or .pdf format. Please see for contact details below.
Please note that we cannot guarantee to take account of replies received after the deadline.
These are non-official translations. In case of doubt, the English version prevails.
- Draft communication: bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv
Please note that the background note will be launched based on the English version of the text. These are non-official translations. In case of doubt, the English version prevails.
- Background note accompanying the consultation on the draft IPCEI Communication: bg cs da de el en es et fi fr hr hu it lt lv mt nl pl pt ro sk sl sv
- Press release
Directorate-General for Competition – Unit H2
Please always indicate the reference number in your correspondence: HT.4892
Directorate-General for Competition, Unit H1
State aid Registry
1049 Bruxelles /Brussel
Reason why the consultation period is less than 12 weeks
Need for an accelerated revision of the Communication to ensure a timely adoption as part of measures undertaken taken in response to the challenges in achieving the objectives of the European Green Deal and the Digital transformation.