The white paper is the European Commission's contribution to the 25 March Rome Summit, where EU leaders will discuss the achievements of the past 60 years and the future of the Union of 27.
To encourage the debate, the European Commission, together with the European Parliament and interested Member States, will host a series of 'Future of Europe Debates' across Europe's cities and regions, engaging with national Parliaments, local and regional authorities, and civil society at large.
The Commission will also contribute with a series of thematic reflection papers offering different options for Europe.
- Commission reflection paper on the deepening of the Economic and Monetary Union
- Commission reflection paper on the future of European defence
- Commission reflection paper on the future of EU finances
- State of the Union 2017 Speech
- European Council
- European Council / Meeting of EU27
- European Parliament elections