- Making it easier for citizens and companies in the EU to defend their rights outside their home country, by improving mutual recognition of judgments by courts across the EU.
- Cracking down on organised crime, such as human trafficking, smuggling and cybercrime and tackling corruption;
- Concluding the accession of the EU to the Council of Europe's Convention of Human Rights.
- Obtaining guarantees that US government agencies and companies adequately protect EU citizens' personal data.
- Pushing for an EU-wide law against discrimination.