- Prioritising Commission action in areas where the EU adds value, and leaving other issues to national, regional or local authorities.
- Creating a mandatory Transparency Register for organisations and individuals seeking to influence the policy making process, which covers the Commission, Parliament and Council.
- Boosting the political accountability of the College of Commissioners by reducing technical decision-making by Committees
- Removing unnecessary red tape at both European and national level.
- Deeper cooperation between national parliaments, regional and local authorities and the Commission.
- Increasing the number of women working across the Commission, especially in managerial positions.