Assisting partners and investors
The European Commission and Union's delegations have strong experience in providing technical assistance to national and local authorities in partner countries.
Under the External Investment Plan, part of that technical assistance in Africa and the European Neighbourhood will benefit authorities, investors and companies. It will help them develop, together with Financial Institutions, sustainable and financially viable projects and attract potential investors. Technical assistance will also inform and support our joint effort at improving the investment climate and the general business environment.
Under the External Investment Plan, technical assistance may include, for example
- market intelligence and investment climate analysis
- (sector) policy and political dialogue on priority reforms
- targeted legislative and regulatory advice
- strengthening capacity of partners countries, local financial intermediaries and investors
- upgrading value chains
- identifying, preparing, and helping to implement necessary investment