- Mobilising competition policy tools and market expertise to contribute, where appropriate, to creating jobs and promoting growth.
- Developing the economic and legal approach of assessing competition issues and monitoring the market.
- Effectively enforcing competition rules in the areas of antitrust, cartels, mergers and state aid.
- Strengthening the Commission's reputation worldwide and promoting international cooperation in competition issues.
Margrethe Vestager is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Energy Union
- Digital Single Market
- Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Vestager
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
- Information on missions of Commissioner Vestager
No information is published on meetings taking place in the context of antitrust (including cartels), merger control or state aid procedures. This is in accordance with the relevant Commission decision.
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European commissioner for Competition
2014 – present
Minister for Economic Affairs and the Interior
2011 – 2014
Political leader of the Social Liberal Party
2011 - 2014
Political leader of the Social Liberal Party and Chairwoman of the parliamentary group
2007 - 2011
Member of Parliament for the Social Liberal party in North Zealand greater constituency
2007 - 2014
Member of Parliament for the Social Liberal party in Frederiksborg County constituency
2001 – 2007
Minister for Education
2000 – 2001
Minister for Education and Minister for Ecclesiastical Affairs
1998 – 2000
Head of secretariat with the Agency for Financial Management and Administrative Affairs
1997 – 1998
Special consultant with the Agency for Financial Management and Administrative Affairs
1995 – 1997
Head of section at the Ministry of Finance
1993 – 1995
Master of Science in Economics, University of Copenhagen