- Fighting discrimination, promoting gender equality and pursuing negotiations on the proposed Anti-Discrimination Directive, which would ban discrimination in all areas where the EU has jurisdiction.
- Ensuring the swift adoption of the EU data protection reform and modernising and simplifying consumer rules for online and digital purchases.
- Concluding negotiations with the United States on a data protection agreement to protect the privacy of EU citizens wherever they live.
- Setting up an independent European Public Prosecutor's office by 2016 to protect the EU budget from fraud and reinforcing judicial cooperation on criminal matters.
- Concluding the EU's accession to the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms of the Council of Europe
- Ensuring that all Commission proposals respect the European Charter of Fundamental Rights.
Věra Jourová is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Digital Single Market
- Energy Union
- Euro and Social Dialogue
- Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Jourová
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
- Information on missions of Commissioner Jourová
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
Minister for Regional Development
Trainee solicitor, Bezděk & Partners law firm
Managing Director, Primavera Consulting Ltd. – EU funds consultant
Degree in Law (Mgr.) from the Charles University, Prague
Consultancy activities in the Western Balkans relating to EU accession
Deputy Minister for Regional Development
Head of the Department of Regional Development of the Vysočina Region
Secretary and Spokesperson of the Třebič Municipal Office
Master's degree (Mgr.) in theory of culture, Charles University, Prague