- Developing a comprehensive strategy for sustainable and smart mobility, ensuring a transport sector fit for a clean, digital and modern economy.
- Promoting sustainable and alternative transport fuels for road, maritime and air transport.
- Working to extend the Emissions Trading System to the maritime sector and reducing free allowances for airlines.
- Leading in international fora such as negotiating global emissions reductions within the International Civil Aviation Organization and the International Maritime Organization.
- Contributing to a zero-pollution goal, mitigating the impact of transport on the climate and natural environment from emissions reductions to air, water and noise pollution.
- Reviewing the Energy Taxation Directive, aligning it with the Commission’s climate ambitions and bringing an end to fossil-fuel subsidies.
- Modernising transport systems, such as connected and automated mobility, with a strong focus on digital innovation.
- Swiftly completing missing infrastructure links and the Trans-European Transport Network, underpinned by a fair and functioning internal market for transport.
- Ensuring passenger rights are respected and transport remains affordable, reliable and accessible, particularly for low-income households and those in remote areas.
- Ensuring the highest safety standards as traffic increases and security threats become more complex.
- Working closely with key partners to open up new market opportunities and to enforce existing agreements.
- Improving connectivity links, particularly in the EU's neighbourhood and Western Balkans.
- Ensuring effective implementation of dual-use infrastructure projects to improve military mobility using Connecting Europe Facility funds.
- Contributing to a sustainable and competitive tourism industry.
European Parliament hearings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Vălean
- Meetings with the Commissioner's team
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners [pdf].
European Commissioner for Transport
Member of the European Parliament
Chairwoman of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, European Parliament
Member of the Conference of Committee Chairs, European Parliament
Chairwoman of the Committee on Environment, Public Health and Food Safety, European Parliament
Vice-President of the European Parliament
Member of the Romanian Parliament (Chamber of Deputies)