- Leading the Commission’s work on the European Green Deal and its first European Climate Law to enshrine the 2050 climate-neutrality target into EU law.
- Stepping up the commitment to the 2030 emission reduction target, increasing it to at least 50% by 2030.
- Leading international negotiations to strengthen the ambition of other major emitters by 2021, by when a comprehensive plan would be presented to increase the EU’s target for 2030 towards 55% in a responsible way.
- Leading the Commission's work on extending the Emissions Trading System to the maritime sector and reducing free allowances to airlines over time.
- Coordinating work on the Just Transition Fund, to support those most affected by the ‘green’ transition.
- Developing the Biodiversity Strategy for 2030 and mainstreaming biodiversity priorities across all policy areas from trade and industry, to agriculture and maritime.
- Coordinating work on the Commission’s zero-pollution ambition, adopting a wide-ranging approach covering air, water, and noise pollution across key sectors.
- Progressing on the circular economy and the ‘Farm to Fork’ strategy for sustainable food, covering every step in the food system, from production to consumption.
- Ensuring proper enforcement and implementation of EU laws and instruments on climate, energy, environment and related policies.
- Ensuring that tax policies can contribute to achieving the EU’s climate ambitions, including the Carbon Border Tax and the review of the Energy Taxation Directive.
- Instilling a new climate culture in Europe under a European Climate Pact — bringing together regions, local communities, civil society, industry and schools.
European Parliament hearings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Executive Vice-President Timmermans
- Meetings with the Executive Vice-President's Cabinet
- Missions of Executive Vice-President Timmermans
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European Commission Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal
2019 - present
First Vice-President of the EU Commission, in charge of Better Regulation, Inter-Institutional Relations, the Rule of Law and the Charter of Fundamental Rights
Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Netherlands
Member of the Dutch Parliament, Partij van de Arbeid
2010 - 2012 and 1998 - 2007
Minister of European Affairs, The Netherlands
Senior Advisor and Private Secretary to High Commissioner on National Minorities of the OSCE Max van der Stoel
Staff member for EU Commissioner Hans van den Broek