- Leading on inter-institutional relations, better policymaking and strategic foresight.
- Ensuring the Framework Agreement between the Commission and Parliament is respected.
- Implementing the Inter-institutional Agreement on Better Lawmaking.
- Coordinating work on better regulation, ensuring Commission proposals respect subsidiarity and proportionality, and developing the 'One in, One out' principle to reduce red tape.
- Steering work to develop the annual Commission Work Programme.
- Leading inter-institutional discussions on annual and multi-annual planning.
- Producing the yearly Foresight Report to improve priority-setting, underpinned by forward-looking actions in policymaking.
- Coordinating the Commission’s work on the European Battery Alliance.
- Contributing to the Conference on the Future of Europe.
- Coordinating the Commission's work on parliamentary resolutions requesting legislative proposals.
- Overall responsibility for relations with national parliaments, advisory bodies and the European Ombudsman.
- Chairing the REFIT/'Fit for the Future' Platform of Member States and other stakeholders to look at improving existing EU legislation.
- Representing the Commission at the EU General Affairs Council and in discussions on cross-cutting issues in the European Parliament.
- Co-chair and represent the European Union in the Partnership Council, established by the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement
- Relations with Andorra, Iceland, Monaco, Norway, Liechtenstein, San Marino and Switzerland
European Parliament hearings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Vice-President Šefčovič
- Meetings with the Vice-President's Cabinet
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European Commission Vice-President for Inter-institutional Relations and Foresight
2019 - present
European Commission Vice-President for the Energy Union and EU Space Policy
European Commission Vice-President for Inter-Institutional Relations and Administration
European Commissioner for Education, Training, Culture and Youth
Permanent Representative of Slovakia to the EU
Ambassador of Slovakia to Israel
1999 - 2002
Deputy Head, Czech and Slovak Federal Embassy to Canada
1992 - 1995
Consul, Czech and Slovak Federal Embassy, Zimbabwe