- Coordinating the Commission’s work on a New Pact on Migration and Asylum.
- Ensuring coherence of the external and internal dimensions of migration.
- Developing pathways to legal migration for integration into the job market and society.
- Coordinating the Commission’s work on developing a European Security Union.
- Ensuring coherence of the external and internal dimensions of security.
- Coordinating the Commission’s work to strengthen prevention, detection and response measures to hybrid threats.
- Coordinating the Skills Agenda and European Education Area, making education more accessible and inclusive, encouraging lifelong learning, reskilling and cross-border learning.
- Coordinating work on inclusion and building a genuine Union of equality and diversity.
- Maximising the potential of culture and sport, the European Solidarity Corps and DiscoverEU programmes.
- Leading the Commission’s dialogue with churches and religious associations or communities, and with philosophical and non-confessional organisations
- Leading on the Commission’s fight against antisemitism.
European Parliament hearings
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Vice-President Schinas
- Meetings with the Vice-President's Cabinet
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
Commission Vice-President for Protecting our European Way of Life
2019 - present
Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General for Communication, European Commission
Chief Spokesperson, European Commission
Resident Director in Athens – Head of Greece Operations, European Commission
Deputy Head of the Bureau of European Policy Advisers, European Commission
Member of the European Parliament
Head of Cabinet to Commissioner Markos Kyprianou, responsible for Health and Consumer Protection
Deputy Head of Cabinet to Commission Vice-President Loyola de Palacio, responsible for Transport, Energy and Relations with the European Parliament
Member of Cabinet to Commissioners Matutes and Oreja (successively)