Rue de la Loi / Wetstraat 200
- Preserving and improving financial stability, protecting savers and investors and ensuring the flow of capital to where it is needed.
- Leading the work on completing the Banking Union, notably by finalising the common backstop to the Single Resolution Fund and agreeing on a European Deposit Insurance Scheme.
- Expediting the work on the Capital Markets Union to diversify sources of finance for companies and tackle the barriers to the flow of capital.
- Developing further the green financing strategy to support the implementation of the European Green Deal.
- Proposing a FinTech Strategy to support new digital technologies in our financial system.
- Developing a new private-public fund specialising in initial public offerings for small and medium enterprises.
- Developing a new, comprehensive approach to fighting money laundering and the financing of terrorist activities.
- Ensuring a common approach with Member States on cryptocurrencies.
- Securing Europe’s resilience to extraterritorial sanctions by third countries, including by proper enforcement of sanctions imposed by the EU.
European Parliament hearings
Mairead McGuinness' team supports her in her daily task.
First Vice-President of the European Parliament
2017 - present
Vice-President of the European Parliament
Member of the European Parliament
2004 - present
Vice-Chair, EPP Group, European Parliament
Chair, Consumer Liaison Panel, Department for Agriculture and Food, Ireland
2002 - 2004
Journalist, broadcaster and commentator
1980 - 2004