- Leading the Commission’s work on values and transparency, upholding the rule of law.
- Ensuring the democratic system is open, transparent, protected from external interference.
- Chairing the Commissioners’ Group on a New Push for European Democracy.
- Playing a lead role in the Conference on the Future of Europe and its follow-up on issues related to democratic processes and institutional matters.
- Brokering discussions on improving notably the lead candidate system and transnational lists.
- Maintaining an open, transparent and regular dialogue with other EU institutions, citizens, representative associations and civil society.
- Coordinating an EU Democracy Action Plan to address external intervention in EU elections.
- Tabling legislative proposals to ensure more transparency in paid political advertising and clearer rules on financing European political parties.
- Supporting work on countering disinformation and fake information, while preserving freedom of expression, freedom of the press and media pluralism. Monitoring implementation of the Code of Practice, with regulatory intervention if necessary.
- Identifying risks to plurality in the media sector, and proposing cross-border projects to support independent and diverse journalistic activities.
- Leading talks on a Transparency Register and independent ethics body for EU institutions
- Coordinating the European Citizens’ Initiative, giving European more say in decision making.
- Leading the work on the EU’s accession to the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Monitoring the application of the Charter of Fundamental Rights.
- Safeguarding the right of peaceful assembly and the freedom of association.
- Raising awareness of EU citizenship rights with the Rights, Equalities and Citizenship Programme.
- Coordinating work on inclusion and building a genuine Union of equality and diversity.
- Coordinating the work of the Commissioner for Justice and Consumers and the Commissioner for Equality.
European Parliament hearings
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meeting with Vice-President Jourová
- Meeting with the Vice-President Cabinet
- Missions of Vice-President Jourová
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European Commission Vice-President for Values and Transparency
2019 - present
European Commissioner for Justice, Consumers and Gender Equality
Minister for Regional Development, Czech Republic
Managing Director, Primavera Consulting Ltd. - EU funds consultant
Degree in Law (Mgr.) from the Charles University, Prague
Consultancy activities in the Western Balkans relating to EU accession
Deputy Minister for Regional Development, Czech Republic
Head of the Department of Regional Development of the Vysočina Region, Czech Republic
Secretary and Spokesperson of the Třebič Municipal Office, Czech Republic
Master's degree (Mgr.) in theory of culture, Charles University, Prague