- Enhancing the EU’s role at the heart of the multilateral system of open and fair trade based on global rules that are effective, enforceable and create a level playing field.
- Overseeing the Commission’s role in reforming the WTO.
- Working to strengthen the EU’s global leadership in trade and boost its capacity to protect itself from unfair trade practices.
- Ensuring better use of trade defence instruments, a level playing field in procurement and a new system for screening Foreign Direct Investment.
- Responsibility for upgrading the EU’s Enforcement Regulation to enable sanctions in cases of illegal measures and simultaneous blocking of WTO dispute settlements.
- Addressing distortive effects of foreign subsidies in the internal market.
- Guiding the work of the Chief Trade Enforcement Officer to monitor and improve the compliance of trade agreements.
- Leading work to finalise negotiated trade agreements, conclude those ongoing and proposing to open new bilateral or multilateral agreements where appropriate.
- Monitoring climate, environment and labour protection measures enshrined in the EU’s trade agreements, with zero-tolerance of child labour.
- Contributing to the design and introduction of the Carbon Border Tax, in full compliance with WTO rules.
- Ensuring the highest levels of transparency and communication, especially with the co-legislators, Member States and civil society.
European Parliament hearings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Hogan
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Hogan
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European Commissioner for Trade
2019 - present
European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development
Minister for Environment, Community and Local Government, Ireland
President of the Council of EU Environment Ministers
Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Ireland
Member of Dáil Éireann (Lower House of Parliament)
Member of Seanad Éreann (Upper House of Parliament)