- Coordinating the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the context of the European Semester cycle of economic governance
- Further deepening the Economic and Monetary Union
- Applying the Stability and Growth Pact, using the full flexibility allowed in the rules to support investment while safeguarding fiscal responsibility
- Leading the work on the design of a European Unemployment Benefit Scheme
- Coordinating the launch of the InvestEU programme and setting up and implementing the Sustainable Europe Investment Plan
- Ensuring Eurostat continues to provide independent, credible and high-quality statistics
- Leading international efforts to find an agreed approach on the taxation of the digital economy and pursuing efforts to make a common consolidated corporate tax base a reality in the EU
- In the framework of the European Green Deal, leading the review of the Energy Taxation Directive and preparing the proposal for a Carbon Border Tax
- Continuing to fight tax fraud, tax evasion and tax avoidance both within the EU and around the world
- Working closely with Member States on the full implementation of the Union Customs Code and developing an integrated European approach to reinforce risk management at the EU’s external border
European Parliament hearings
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Gentiloni
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Gentiloni
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European Commissioner for Economy
2019 - present
Member of the Chamber of Deputies, Parliament of Italy
2001 - 2019
Prime Minister of Italy
2016 - 2018
Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
2014 - 2016
Member of the Permanent Committee on Africa and global questions and of the Committee for Foreign and European Affairs
Minister of Communications
2006 - 2008
Spokesperson for the Daisy Party (Margherita)
Chairman of the Broadcasting Services Watchdog Committee
Former professional journalist
Graduated in Political Sciences, La Sapienza, Rome