- Ensuring swift agreement on, and full implementation of, the future Horizon Europe programme.
- Ensuring investment flows for disruptive research and breakthrough innovations, including through the European Innovation Council.
- Developing the European Research Area in cooperation with Member States.
- Ensuring integration between research and economic priorities.
- Leading the Commission’s work on a European Education Area by 2025.
- Promoting excellence and networking among European universities and implementing the European University Initiative.
- Updating the Digital Education Action Plan and raising awareness of disinformation and other online threats.
- Ensuring full implementation of the New European Agenda for Culture, promoting creative industries and promoting the Creative Europe Programme.
- Promoting sport for inclusion and well-being, expanding the #BeInclusive EU Sports Awards and the European Week of Sport.
- Strengthening international cooperation in education, research, innovation and culture.
European Parliament hearings
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Gabriel
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Gabriel
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
2019 - present
First Vice-President of the European People’s Party (EPP)
November 2019 - present
European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
Member of the European Parliament
Vice-President of the EPP Group in the European Parliament
Vice-President of the EPP Women
2012 - present