- Assuring support for regions most affected by digital and climate transitions, including through the Just Transition Fund.
- Working with co-legislators to establish a legislative framework for Cohesion Funds in the long-term EU budget.
- Supporting regions and authorities in preparing their programmes, in line with their specific needs and the EU’s common objectives.
- Working with Member States to ensure full and effective use of EU funds and oversight of expenditure.
- Contributing to the review of the Urban Agenda and the long-term vision on rural areas.
- Overall responsibility for the work of DG REFORM, offering technical and financial support for reforms in Member States.
- Coordinating technical support to those Member States preparing to join the euro.
- Working with co-legislators towards a timely agreement on the Reform Support Programme and the Budgetary Instrument for Convergence and Competitiveness in the euro area and subsequently ensuring their full implementation.
European Parliament hearings
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Meetings with Commissioner Ferreira
- Meetings with the Commissioner’s Cabinet
- Missions of Commissioner Ferreira
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners.
European Commissioner for Cohesion and Reforms
2019 - present
Vice-Governor of Banco de Portugal (Central Bank)
2017 - 2019
Representative of Portugal, Single Supervisory Mechanism's Supervisory Board (SSM - ECB)
2016 - 2019
Member of the European Parliament
2004 - 2016
Member of the Portuguese Parliament
2002 - 2004
Minister for Planning (Spatial and Regional Development), Portugal
1999 - 2002
Minister for Environment, Portugal
1995 - 1999
Professor, University of Porto