Related departments: Related topics:
- Mobilising competition policy tools and market expertise to contribute, where appropriate, to creating jobs and promoting growth.
- Developing the economic and legal approach of assessing competition issues and monitoring the market.
- Effectively enforcing competition rules in the areas of antitrust, cartels, mergers and state aid.
- Strengthening the Commission's reputation worldwide and promoting international cooperation in competition issues.
Margrethe Vestager is part of the following Project Teams:
- Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- Energy Union
- Digital Single Market
- Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- Budget and Human Resources
Margrethe Vestager's team supports her in her daily work.
European commissioner for Competition
- 2014 – present
Minister for Economic Affairs and the Interior
- 2011 – 2014
Political leader of the Social Liberal Party
- 2011 - 2014
Political leader of the Social Liberal Party and Chairwoman of the parliamentary group
- 2007 - 2011
Member of Parliament for the Social Liberal party in North Zealand greater constituency
- 2007 - 2014
Member of Parliament for the Social Liberal party in Frederiksborg County constituency
- 2001 – 2007
Minister for Education
- 2000 – 2001
Minister for Education and Minister for Ecclesiastical Affairs
- 1998 – 2000
Head of secretariat with the Agency for Financial Management and Administrative Affairs
- 1997 – 1998
Special consultant with the Agency for Financial Management and Administrative Affairs
- 1995 – 1997
Head of section at the Ministry of Finance
- 1993 – 1995
Master of Science in Economics, University of Copenhagen