- Ensuring that the Emergency Response Coordination Centre is always ready to help EU countries in need.
- Enabling authorities in Europe to better fight natural and man-made disasters, by promoting cooperation and joint action.
- Building close relationships with the UN, NGOs and civil society to make joint humanitarian work more effective.
- Making sure that the EU can finance all commitments made to humanitarian work and that budget rules are respected.
Christos Stylianides is part of the following Project Teams:
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Stylianides
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
- Information on missions of Commissioner Stylianides
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners [pdf].
Cypriot nationality. Married, one son.
European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management
Member of the European Parliament
Vice-Chair of the Committee on Foreign and European Affairs
Elected Member of the bureau of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly
Member of the Cyprus House of Representatives
Member of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly
Co-founder of the Movement for Political Modernization and Reform, promoting Cyprus´s EU accession and state & political reform
Dental surgery degree