- Leading the project team "Energy Union".
- Establishing a European Energy Union by connecting infrastructures, enforcing legislation and increasing competition to help drive down costs for citizens and businesses and boost growth.
- Working to prevent energy shortages, diversifying sources of energy imports and ensuring a united European voice in negotiations to improve our energy security.
- Helping to mobilise additional investment in power grids, renewable energy installations and other energy infrastructure.
- Improving energy efficiency, especially for buildings; with a binding target of 30% less energy use by 2030.
- Coordinating the Commission's efforts to ensure the EU reaches its climate and energy targets for 2020 and 2030.
- Co-Chair of the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy.
European Parliament hearings
Maroš Šefčovič's team supports him in his daily work.
Appointments and meetings
Slovak nationality. Married with three children.
Commission Vice-President for Energy Union
Author of the book "Driving the EU forward – summary of 5 years' experience in the position of the Vice-President ".
Elected as a Member of the European Parliament
European Commissioner and Vice-President for Inter-Institutional Relations and Administration
European Commissioner for Education, Training, Culture and Youth
Slovak Permanent Representative to the EU
Director-General of European Affairs Section at the Slovak Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Director-General of Bilateral Cooperation Section at the Slovak Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Awarded Chatam Sofer Medal for promotion of Slovak-Israeli relations
Ph.D. in international and European law, Comenius University in Bratislava
Ambassador, Slovak Embassy, Israel
Deputy Head of Mission, Slovak Mission to the EU in Brussels
Director, Slovak Foreign Minister's Office
Deputy Director, Slovak Foreign Minister's Office
Deputy Director for the EU and NATO countries, Slovak Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Deputy Chief of Mission, Czech and Slovak Embassy, Canada
Third Secretary and Consul, Czech and Slovak Embassy, Zimbabwe
Advisor to the first Deputy Foreign Minister, Czech and Slovak Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Doctor of Law (JUDr.), Comenius University in Bratislava