- Negotiating and managing the EU budget; ensuring the budget is invested in the best way to serve EU citizens.
- Reporting on how the budget is spent to the European Parliament, the Council and the European Court of Auditors.
- Protecting the EU budget from fraud and corruption.
- Developing a corporate talent‑management policy as the Commission strives to achieve savings in a difficult economic environment.
- Making sure that women represent 40% of the Commission's senior and middle management by the end of 2019.
European Parliament hearings
Günther Oettinger's team supports him in his daily work
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Oettinger
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
German nationality. One child.
European Commissioner for Budget & Human Resources
- January 2017-present
European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society
- November 2014-December 2016
European Commissioner for Energy
- February 2010-October 2014
Minister-President of Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Member of the Governing Board and Federal Executive Committee of the CDU
Chairman of the federal media policy committee of the CDU
Member of the regional Parliament of Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Chairman of the commission responsible for Federalism Reform II
Chairman of the Christian Democratic Union of Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Lawyer and partner of an audit and tax consultancy
City Councillor for Ditzingen, Germany
Second State Law Examination