- Working with Member States to reform and modernise Europe's education systems, notably by building a European Education Area, to enable people to find rewarding work and support economic growth
- Developing the Erasmus+ programme and broadening its outreach to people from all backgrounds.
- Creating opportunities for young people to fully participate in civic and democratic life, for example through the European Solidarity Corps, a flagship initiative launched by the Juncker Commission, and DiscoverEU, a new travel scheme enabling young people to experience their European identity.
- Promoting our cultural diversity by helping Europe’s creators reach new audiences; promoting culture as well as cultural heritage as catalysts for innovation, economic growth and stronger international relations.
- Supporting grass roots sport to harness its potential in fostering social cohesion, for instance through the European Week of Sport.
- Promoting evidence-based policy through the work of the Commission’s in-house science and knowledge service, the Joint Research Centre.
- Developing the education and entrepreneurial dimensions of innovation and research through the European Institute of Innovation and Technology and the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions.
- Overseeing the Publications Office responsible for managing the databank Eurlex that gives citizens access to EU law and for publishing the Official Journal.
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by Commissioner Navracsics
- Information on meetings held by the Commissioner's Cabinet
- Information on missions of Commissioner Navracsics
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners [pdf].
Hungarian nationality. Married with two daughters.
European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Public Administration and Justice
Member of Parliament
Head of Department, Prime Minister’s Office
Associate professor, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, ELTE
Doctoral Degree in Political Science
Secretary-General, Hungarian Political Science Association
Senior lecturer at the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, ELTE
Law degree, ELTE University