- Leading the project team "Europe in the World".
- Representing the EU at international fora such as the United Nations.
- Chairing the Commission's Group on External Action to deliver a common approach for EU action on the world stage.
- Regularly reporting back to the Commission's President and to the whole College about geopolitical developments.
- Coordinating the work of all Commissioners in charge of external relations portfolios.
European Parliament hearings
Appointments and meetings
As part of the Commission’s commitment to transparency, Commissioners and their members of Cabinet publish information on meetings held with organisations or self-employed individuals.
- Information on meetings held by High Representative / Vice-President Mogherini
- Information on meetings held by the High Representative / Vice-President's Cabinet
In line with the Commission's Code of Conduct for Members of the Commission, each Commissioner publishes a Declaration of Interests.
A signed, authentic version is published at the bottom of this page.
A machine-readable version of all Declarations is also published. This is in line with the requirements of the Code of Conduct.
The Declarations of Interests follow the requirements set out in Article 3 and in Annex 1 of the new Code of Conduct for Commissioners [pdf].
Italian nationality. Married with two children.
High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy / Vice-President of the Commission
Minister of Foreign Affairs and international Cooperation of Italy
Head of the Italian delegation to the NATO parliamentary assembly
Member of the Italian Parliament
Member of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
Member of the Italian Institute for Foreign Affairs (IAI)
Fellow of the German Marshall Fund for the United States
Degree in Political Science from the University of Rome